Privately owned companies can have strategic reasons to seek new debt and/or equity capital - this could be for organic growth, acquisition, shareholder liquidity or debt retirement. GEC can provide a systematic process to help our clients evaluate their strategic options and help them to create a capital structure and course of action that best fits their objectives.
The following is the basic process for attracting new capital to a business, but of course each situation is unique so we adapt the process as necessary to achieve our clients' objectives:
- Gain an understanding of the business' financial and operating history, value drivers and business outlook.
- Help our client determine the optimal capital structure to achieve their objectives.
- Work with our client and other advisors to develop a strategy to achieve the transaction objectives including identification of prospective capital providers.
- Work with our client to develop a descriptive memorandum and an effective management presentation.
- Confidentially discuss the opportunity with a select group of potential capital providers.
- Work with our client to evaluate the expressions of interest for the purpose of inviting a limited number of prospective capital providers to meet with management and conduct due diligence.
- Facilitate an efficient and minimally invasive due diligence process.
- Manage the negotiation process to a successful close.
Regardless of which type of project meets the needs of our clients, our unique combination of applied capabilities, experience, industry contacts and funding source relationships enable Global Equity Consulting, LLC together with our strategic alliance partner, City Capital Advisors, to be a highly cost effective investment banking service provider.
Please contact GEC for a confidential conversation.